Visit Homepage
Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cal Poly, Pomona

Nu Sigma
Founding Date: November 18, 2017
Officers:
President – Nicole Gage
Vice President of Membership – Viral Shukla
Recording Secretary – Eli Zupke
Corresponding Secretary – Eduardo Lara
Historian – Anthony Rodarte
Treasurer – Gerardo Maldonado
Sergeant at Arms – Jordan Rivera

Updated: December 27, 2017

Contact Information
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Building 24 – Dr. Ricky Badua
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768
About:
Cal Poly Pomona began as the southern campus of the California Polytechnic School (today known as Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) in 1938 when a completely equipped school and farm in the city of San Dimas were donated by Charles Voorhis and his son Jerry Voorhis. The satellite campus grew further in 1949 when a horse ranch in the neighboring city of Pomona, which had belonged to Will Keith Kellogg, was acquired from the University of California. Cal Poly Pomona, then known as Cal Poly Kellogg-Voorhis, and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo continued operations under a unified administrative control until they became independent from one another in 1966. Cal Poly Pomona currently offers bachelor’s degrees in 94 majors, 39 master’s degrees, 13 teaching credentials and a doctorate across 9 distinct academic colleges. The university is one among a small group of polytechnic universities in the United States which tend to be primarily devoted to the instruction of technical arts and applied sciences. Its sports teams are known as the Cal Poly Pomona Broncos and play in the NCAA Division II as part of the California Collegiate Athletic Association(CCAA). The Broncos sponsor 10 varsity sports and have won 14 NCAA national championships. Current and former Cal Poly athletes have won 7 Olympic medals (3 gold, 1 silver, and 3 bronze).